* I continue to be an active member of the team but am no longer practicing in Montreal. I have relocated to Halifax and am a practicing therapist again here! More information about me can be found below and on my website at www.ericabakergagnon.com.
* I am a Registered Counselling Therapist with the Nova Scotia College of Counselling Therapists (NSCCT). I issue receipts at every session and my sessions can be claimed under income taxes. They are also sometimes covered by insurance though you have to contact your insurance company directly in order to find out. My RCT number is RCT-19-004.
* I work with adult individuals.
* I have a sliding scale of $80-$120 per 50 minute session but I do have a few reduced fee spots as I acknowledge that a large number of my clients come from minority communities and have more tenuous financial situations due to systemic disadvantages. If you think that you’d benefit from a reduced fee, please contact me and we can discuss it.
* I have an eclectic counselling approach but I use mainly LGBTQ+ affirmative and psychodynamic approaches as well as mindfulness and narrative therapy. What this means is that I look at the individual as a whole but also as a member of society, who is impacted at many levels that we can work together to uncover. We look at the patterns you have gotten into that you feel are no longer working for you, try to find their root causes and then work to replace them with more effective ways of functioning.
* I am entirely nonjudgmental and have worked with many clients with diverse issues, including exploration around gender identity, sexual orientation, social justice issues and many others. I am comfortable working with people from any community, including BIPOC people and those from the kink and poly worlds.
* I am comfortable with and able to write the letters of support required for transitioning.
* I have a few spaces left currently.
* I am easiest to reach by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also call me at 902-593-0753 but I’m much quicker with emails! I typically respond within one business day but it does occasionally take me up to a week to get back to you. I look forward to hearing from you!